WHAT IS EMOTIONAL HEALTH?
Mental or emotional health refers to your overall psychological well-being. It includes the way you feel about yourself, the quality of your relationships, and your ability to manage your feelings, thoughts, emotions and deal with difficulties. Good mental health isn’t just the absence of mental health problems such as depression, anxiety or other psychological issues; it’s the presence of positive characteristics.
People who are emotionally healthy have
· balance between work, play and rest
· the ability to balance their emotions
· a sense of contentment
· a zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun
· the ability to deal with stress and bounce back from adversity
· a sense of meaning and purpose in both their activities and their relationships
· the flexibility to learn new things and adapt to change
· the ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships, and
· self-confidence and self-esteem
When worry, fear, anxiety, sadness, and other normal emotions suddenly spiral out of control you don’t have to suffer alone. Discover the facts about mental health issues and disorders that affect people of every age and walk of life. See how you can regain a sense of balance and how to find help when you feel that you can’t do it on your own.